Friday, April 23, 2010

I Am Victorious!!!!

Some of us in this class are familiar with "Wophunzira's*" nickname for one of the professors at MSSU. His class is very hard, takes a lot of time to read the materials for the bi-weekly exams and he relies on your judgement to choose the very best answer on an exam although there may be more than one answer. Because of this and other factors, his nickname has been hereby affixed as "Dr. Evil". Well, Dr. Evil allows you to appeal an exam question if you believe you are right. People who know me by now, know that I will fight to the death..no wait..be persuasive enough to prove a point. After submitting three questions to appeal, I was victorious on one. Yep, one. But the thing to remember is that I was right on one. I proved him wrong. That was the real victory, as this professor can be really intimidating and the failure rate in his class is high.

To celebrate my victory, tonight I will crack open a beer and light up a Rocky Patel cigar and just sit on my porch watching the day give way to the dark of night. This victory is like remembering your locker combination in that stupid reoccurring dream where you forgot it. We all have those, right? This victory exposes a flaw and now, I might appeal every wrong test answer in this class, just to make him read them. I doubt he will give in, because you can tell that he takes his role as a professor really serious. My 1-2 record may soon become 1-10, but again, knowing that I was right just once, will allow me to hang my head high. Not to mention word of my victory came on the same night as Sam Bradford, OU's former star quarterback was chosen as the number one pick in the NFL by the St. Louis Rams and the Oklahoma City Thunder actually won a playoff game against the defending NBA champs, the Los Angeles Lakers. What a great night. Now I can go back and root for the Ram's like I did back in high school when the Ram's were known as the "Greatest Show on Turf".

For those of you who think I'm gloating, I doubt that you have taken either of the two required classes from Dr. Evil. They are insanely hard and will bring down the best student's GPA like the Wall Street crash. Most "A" students will end up with a "B" and that will feel like a victory to them. I wish that sometimes there was a way to find out the grade distribution in classes as I am curious. I would like to know so that I can better educate new friends who may not be as far along as I am on what professors are great and which ones are not. Unfortunately MSSU isn't one of the schools listed on www.ratemyprofessors.com like OU is. It would be a big help for students.

* Name changed to protect the innocent. Once you find out the meaning of the word as well as the origin, the person's identity could become clear to you.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! You are taking this whole appeal thing just a bit too close to heart! ;-) But hey, congrats on winning! I really did not think it was going to happen! :-)
    Hey, the term “Wophunzira” is Chichewa for scholar and disciple! I wonder how he got it and what do students at MSSU mean when they gave him this name!
    Hey, it just dawned on me, I did not give him this name!!! Are you getting back at me for getting out Math 130 class? Sorry! I am SOOOO sorry! ;-)

    ReplyDelete