Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Rant

I have officially run out of things to write about. Life is on autopilot this time of the year as all the faculty and staff will be leaving the building soon and we will get 3 months of solitude. It is rather annoying that on most days, kids will be carrying on about their dating life or how horrible their roommate is. I think that it is annoying because I am 12 to14 years older than them, but it is college. Grow Up. I think that really what bothers me the most is that these people are in school to become nurses and most do their clinical rotations at the Medical Center, which is the place to go if you are an employee because the "in-network" rate with our insurance is super great. Hopefully as the years go on, they will mature.

One thing I find really annoying is the tailgating students who try to wait for you to leave using your employee parking pass and then high speed it under the gate with you. It's a dollar to park people...Your tuition cost $15000 a semester and you cant pay the buck to get out? There is one other guy here who finds it annoying as well so now, we swipe our card, drive forward a few feet and then STOP. We wait for the gate to come down then we proceed. It is really funny to do it especially if the student drives a stick because most times they will hit the gate arm.. HILARIOUS!!! The buzzer goes off and then everyone looks. Hopefully they learn a lesson.

I hope everyone that reads this blahg has had a great semester and looking forward to the summer break. I am actually going to take 9 hours during summer school to try to save $1500 on tuition since the double price for out of state students doesn't apply until Fall. I want to be so done with school, to get the degree and prove to myself that I can achieve anything that I set my mind to. I will be the first one in my immediate family, but since both me and wife will have graduated from MSSU, I hope that my two boys will go there as well. Hopefully they will play sports and get scholarships, as in 2024 the price of out of state tuition will probably be $750 an hour at the current rate of increase. But one thing is for sure, most of the faculty that I have taken classes with are very great at what they do, and I hope they forgive my boys for who their dad is as I can be very outspoken. Bets of luck to all my English 102 classmates and if our paths should cross again, feel free to shoot me an email.

Take Care and Good Luck on your finals!!!

1 comment:

  1. You think listening to people who are 12 to 14 years younger than you is bad? Try to listen to the ones that are 12 to 14 years older than you! That is what I have to deal with all the time!

    ReplyDelete